Carbon Dioxide Balance – Net Zero – Climate-Neutral Construction and Operation
Determining and optimising the current carbon footprint for you real estates and construction activities. Manage carbon offset. We support you.
On December 11th 2019 an EU agreement, intending carbon neutrality in the European Union until 2050, was signed. This agreement is also refered to as the European Green Deal. This agreement led to new minimum requirements for buildings and construction projects. Hence, the demand for a climate-neutral construction of new building projects is increasing: over their whole life cycle, from production to removal, buildings portray an essential contributionm to the global energy consumption and CO2 emissions. Therefore, climate and carbon neutral buildings, during construction as well as operation, play an increasing role in the building sector. Thereby, you do not only save the environment but with a zero-energy or even plus-energy building you are also independet from governmental regulations (e.g. CO2 tax, Fuel Emissions Trading Act) and energy costs.
Use LCA Online to easily calculate the carbon footprint of your real estate – for new constructions as well as operating buildings.
- Conducting life cycle assessments of any extend easily and quickly
- Creating verifications of life cycle assessments particularly for Green Building Certifications easily and quickly
- Using diverse assessment and depiction possibilities
- Decision guidance to choose building material and constructions
- Analyses for innovation opportunities and efficiency optimisation in building projects
- Appealing graphs and summaries that are suitable for customers
Evaluated Environmental Impacts:
- Primary energy non-renewable (PEI n.r. [MJ]),
- Primary energy renewable (PEI r. [MJ]),
- Global warming potential (GWP [kg CO2 eq.),
- Ozone depletion potential (ODP [kg CFC11 eq.]),
- Photochemical ozone creation potential/Summer smog (POCP [kg C2H2 eq.]),
- Acid potential (AP [kg SO2 eq.]),
- Eutrophication potential (EP [kg PO4 eq.]),
- Abiotic Depletion Potential of fossil fuels (ADPF [MJ]),
- Abiotic depletion potential for elements (ADPE [kg Sb-eq.]),
- Freshwater ressources (WF [m³]),
- and more …
If desired, we extend the evaluated environmental impacts according to your needs.
At the same time you can also benefit from KfW-fundings and the DGNB Climate Positive award. Furthermore, you gain points to fulfil the DGNB Criterion ENV1.1 (2018) – Building Life Cycle Assessment in the following areas:
- Climate-neutral operation (building): the CO2 emissions of the energy demands conditioned by the building are covered at least climate-neutral, according to the DGNB definition for the calculation of carbon neutrality.
- Climate-neutral operation (user): the CO2 emissions of the activities by the users in the building which are relevant for the energy expenditure are covered at least climate-neutral, according to the DGNB definition for the calculation of carbon neutrality.
- Climate-neutral building construction: the CO2-emissions (CO2 equivalents) integrated in the building and determined with a life cycle assessment according to DGNB of production, maintenance and death are in sum at least climate-neutral (life cycle scenario calculation).
Phone +49 711 62049-342